Monday, March 22, 2010

It's what I do...

It's like my daily intake of air, this painting process... Mark Mehaffey, a practicing artist, juror, teacher, says of himself that he cannot stick to one style -- that he enjoys the experimentation of realism, impressionism, abstraction, often taking the same subject and rendering different versions. For me, it's the fun of moving it around, trying new ideas, going with the flow.

New website will be up soon! A lot of new art will be there! Here's hoping you will weigh in on this, about your own art experiences, whether it's as a painter or sculptor or just an appreciator or a collector!

As my byline for the gallery says, "Art Can make all the difference!"

1 comment:

The Gallery at DuPre said...

Variety is key to growth as an artist! That is why I like using melted beeswax (simple encaustic) and making assemblages out of found objects. While painting is my primary objective, other manners of expressing my creativity are pursued and, in the end, usually help my painting efforts. Keep experimenting, but never stray too far from your watercolors!